Well, well, well, it sure has been way.too.damn.long, eh? It’s almost 2018, and you may or may not have noticed I’ve been on hiatus for about 18 months. And, as you might expect – a LOT has happened in that time. I remember that I stopped writing as frequently on the blog once I took a promotion at work. I got sucked in, and frankly the chaos just never ended. I’ve taken yet another promotion this year which sent me into even crazier challenges, and subsequently, more excuses not to keep up on the blog. But ya know what? Screw that. I love writing and I really have missed having this outlet/platform/connection, so I decided that, while I lost a lot of momentum (or all of it), it’s NEVER to late to bring life back into something you love.
This last year has brought on a lot for me. Lots of good and lots of… challenge.
- I learned many new skills as a homeowner – Pergo installation, lawn-mowing, pool chemical balancing, toilet flusher replacement, to name a few.
- I slipped into a deep depression again, and successfully clawed my way back out of it.
- I filed for divorce and transitioned into living alone for the first time in my life.
- I travelled back to my favorite place in the world and impressed people with my rusty Spanish language skills.
- I accepted a new job in project management and have been working long hours, but am thriving in my new role.
- I took up boxing and proved to myself that I am so much stronger than anyone has ever given me credit for.
But the greatest thing to happen this year is that I feel like I finally found myself. Not in the sense that I never knew who I was, and I finally figured it out. No. I knew who I was, once upon a time. But, life, man… it takes you down crazy paths. Life throws so much at you that it’s easy to forget what you know, to forget who to are, to forget what’s important. I’ve battled against the ‘should be’ and ‘could be’ stigmas, and emerged feeling confident that I am EXACTLY who I am meant to be, and that I am goddamn PROUD to be the person that I am.
And THIS person has a lot to share with the world. I have thoughts, dreams, fears, and theories that are VALID and are WORTHY of being heard. And, yes a lot of those things are rooted in my yoga practice, but a lot of that is born out of a truth that I have felt deep down for years. So, prepare to see some new content on the blog with more of a focus on the THRIVE category. I hope you will stick around (or come back) and help me to BREATHE life into some ideas that make my heart sing. Together we can MOVE the needle, and make this world a better place for everyone.
Watch out 2018 – Brenna is back.
Whoa, I feel the passion in your writing and I’m just saying…look out world, Brenna is back and she means business! FANTASTIC my friend! ❤️
Thanks Kenya! It’s good to be back in action! <3
WOW! I am so proud of you. I can literally feel your renewed strength from this post. Very inspiring. Keep working that solar plexus chakra!